AutoScheduler cuts the cost of operations in a plant, distribution center or a campus of warehouses. AutoScheduler does this by synchronized lean-scheduling all warehouse operations within constraints, such as manpower, thereby eliminating waste at all levels of the operation.
AutoScheduler is a smart planning system that plans all the activities and inventory in one or multiple warehouses. It gathers data from:
- Production schedules
- Order management systems
- Warehouse management
- Operational constraints
The system makes decisions such as:
- What shipments need to be unloaded first // loaded first
- Where to put product when it comes off the line
- What shipments can be loaded early to voids in the schedule, without hurting other shipments
- How to optimally use product before it becomes over-age
Developed in conjunction with Procter & Gamble, it is operating in more than twenty North American and European distribution and manufacturing sites. AutoScheduler is a WMS add-on that uses an expert planning engine to schedule constrained resources, such as dock doors, while “optimally” deploying inventory to meet customers’ needs.
Case Study: Proctor & Gamble, Lima, Ohio
The large site makes liquid Tide. As this product's popularity and market share rose, the attached plant warehouse became increasingly overburdened. Able to hold less than 2 days of production, the site had many outside warehouses. Only 40% of customer shipments were shipped from the plant--meaning 60% was double-handled. Once AutoScheduler started to deploy inventory based on orders, determine the best ship-site for each order and manage the repositioning of product, the 40% number became more than 80%. And that resulted in more than $2 million savings per annum. But the benefits didn't stop there. Other areas of waste were also reduced as:
- More product went straight from the palletizer to the truck
- There were more opportunities to cross dock
- The workload was spread more evenly by flexing the drop-lot
Customer satisfaction increased as they received shipments in-full and on-time. Additionally, staff were pleased by a significant reduction in stress.
Click on an image to view a larger version.
- » Cuts operations costs
- » Eliminates waste
- » The concept of AutoScheduler is based on synchronization
- » Manages inventory levels in a number of local warehouses
- » Manages scheduling of incoming and outgoing loads
- » Identifies dual-tasking and cross-docking opportunities
- » Users can adjust/override program recommendations and re-plan
, MS Windows Server 2003
, Oracle Lite
, IBM DB2
, Microsoft SQL Server
Software, ASP Hosted, Open Source
Click on a technology to view similar products within this category.
- Unspecified -
Additional Product Information
Further information, samples, and technical details can be found on our website.